Monday, May 7, 2012

Guest Bedroom Inspiration

I am so excited about my guest bedroom redo.  I recently sold ALL of our guest bedroom furniture (Yes, I know, I'm a little crazy).  It was old (to me) and I was ready for something new.  So I have begun the process of converting our computer/junk room to a study/guest bedroom.  I cannot WAIT to get it finished!!!

I have already bought a computer desk and chair for one corner.  Here a picture of it: 
(we switched the sides though, so the computer/keyboard is actually on the left)

So yep... that is pretty much ALL I have done so far.  But I do have colors picked out and I'm ready to get to work.  Here is my color palete that I am using:



I LOVE the coral and blue together! SO PRETTY!!!!!

My friend over at Vintage Charm and Restoration found this beauty this weekend and I snagged it up from her!! She is going to paint the main part white, and I'm still deciding on a color for the drawers, either coral or blue.  I am going to be using it for a TV stand.  I cannot WAIT to see the finished product!!!



Next, the bed.  I am going to buy some bed rails and make my own headboard (with the help of my hubby of course!)  I still haven't found bedding that I want, it will probably be the last thing I buy.



I also have a chest and a bookshelf that we purchased at Target a while back.  My plan is to paint both of these (I have no idea what color yet). 

I am going to get wire baskets for the top shelf of this bookshelf to put my craft supplies in.  I love this idea from The House of Smiths.

Well, I think that is about it for my inspiration board for my guest bedroom!! I can't wait for you all to see the finished product!!! 




3 comments:

  1. I love all your plans! That computer desk is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex!! Can't wait to show you the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New pretty place for me to sleep yaaaayyyy

    ReplyDelete