Thursday, January 5, 2012

So What is Body by VI??

So. What is this Body by Vi program that I am doing.  Body by Visalus program is a shake that you replace 2 meals with per day (preferably breakfast and lunch) and have a sensible dinner. 

When I first heard about it I thought "oh great another diet to try that isn't going to work.." but I was wrong.  I have a friend who is a distributor.  She has been on the program since November 2 and has already lost 26 pounds!!!! And let me tell you... these shakes taste INCREDIBLE!!!! 


Not only do the shakes taste great but they have some amazing nutritional value.  One shake has the equivalent of 1.5 cups broccoli, 13 eggs, 5 peaches, 2.5 chicken breasts, 1.5 cups yogurt, 1.5 cups bran flakes, 18 oz tomato juice, 1.5 cups romaine lettuce, 5oz cheese, 3 cups of cooked lima beans, 15 slices of whole wheat bread, 20 spears of asparagus, 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups mushrooms, 30 apples, 10 stalks of celery, 3.5 tomatos, 3 pineapples and 30 prunes.  HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!!!

The shakes have also helped people with health problems from acne to diabetes.  There is one man that was on 10 diffrent medications that no longer has to take anything!!!

There are hundred of recipes online (from strawberry banana to chocolate peanut butter to cinnamon roll) that you can make with the shake mix and unlike slim-fast or other shake diets, these are very filling!!! I am planning on eating a small snack (some laughing cow cheese and crackers or almonds) between meals.

The challenge is a 90 days challnege when you take your weight and measurements and do the program for 90 days.  The cost per month is $99 (for the 2 shake program) and you can have it set up on auto ship.  It sounds like a good chunk of change, but remember you're replacing 2 meals a day.  Thats only $1.82/meal!

I am so excited about the program.  I am starting my challenge the day after christmas because I know I wont eat sensibly with all the family gatherings coming my way!

If you want to sign up or just need more info feel free to shoot me an email of give me a call. 


So... what shakes have I had so far??? 

Day 1. Tuesday. I had Birthday Cake for breakfast and Cinnamon Roll for Lunch.  I also had a string cheese with my lunch shake.  And let me tell you I was READY when dinner rolled around.  I had a steak and cheese sub from subway and some baked chips.  As long as you each a sensible dinner, you're good to go!

Day 2. Wednesday. I had Chocolate Peanut Butter for breakfast and Strawberry Cheesecake for lunch.  The strawberry cheesecake has been my favorite so far!!!!  I also had a laughing cow cheese and some reduced fat wheat thins with my lunch shake.  For dinner, baked chicken, rice and beans.

Today. Day 3. Thursday.  I was going to have another Strawberry Cheesecake shake for breakfast but I created my own and had a White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake... YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!! I haven't decided on my lunch shake yet.  SOOO many options!!!

I am already feeling better and cannot WAIT to weigh in and take my measurements on Tuesday!!!!!  Now to just add in some exercise... gym here I come!!!




2 days down... 88 more to go!!!!
Skinny HERE I COME!!!!

******************************************
Recipes
(everyday I'll include the recipes for the shakes I have made)

**Birthday Cake -- 8oz almond milk, 2 scoops Body by Vi powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp butter extract, 1 pack of chocolate mix (from Vi program), 4 ice cubes

**Cinnamon Roll -- 8oz vanilla almond milk, 2 scoops Body by Vi powder, 2 tsp Cinnamon, 1 tsp butter extract, 4 ice cubes

**Chocolate Peanut Butter -- 8oz almond milk, 2 scoops Body by Vi powder, 1 pack of chocolate mix (from Vi program), 1 tbsp peanut butter (reduced fat), 4 ice cubes

**Stawberry Cheesecake -- 8oz vanilla almond milk, 2 scoops Body by Vi powder, 2 tbsp frozen strawberries, 2 tsp sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding mix, 4 ice cubes

**Stawberry White Chocolate Cheesecake -- 8oz vanilla almond milk, 2 scoops Body by Vi powder, 2 tbsp frozen strawberries, 1 tsp sugar free fat free cheesecake pudding mix, 1 tsp sugar free fat free white chocolate pudding mix, 4 ice cubes

3 comments:

  1. Great Blog! I can't wait to see you reach your goals this year! Is this not the EASIEST thing you've ever done?? I've lost 29 pounds now, and I'm still motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! And yes, it is the easiest thing I've ever done! I CRAVE my shakess!!! I can't wait until Tuesday to see how much weight I've lost this week!! WAY TO GO on your 29 pounds! You are my insiration =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank for including us on your list - great post! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete