Friday, January 13, 2012

The Time is Going to Pass Anyway.....

I read this quote this morning. It really struck a chord deep inside me. I hate waiting. I am impatient. I want things and I want them now. Yes, unfortunately I have a fault.  I know, shocker!! But we all have them, and this is my BIGGEST fault of them all! So when it comes to weight loss, I want it off and I want it NOW! LIKE YESTERDAY!!

Unfortunately, it doesn't come off as fast as it went on, and it doesn't come off as easily as it went on either.  There is no magic cure, no magic pill that I can take and still eat whatever I want.  I LOVE FOOD! Its no secret.. I love buying groceries, gathering recipes, preparing meals, baking, and of course the taste.. I love savoring every bite.  I know this is a lifestyle change, but that doesn't mean that once I am at my goal I can't indulge every now and then...But of course the greatest food is also the worst for you... so when it comes to dieting its even harder for me. I miss food!! But I digress.....

My point of all of this is to say that I have to keep putting it off... and stopping because I haven't lost 50 pounds in 2 weeks.  It took time to put it on, it will take time (and longer) to get it off... and just like the quote, my new motto, says "the time will pass anyway..."

I look back on how many times I have started and stopped over the last 2 years, and think If I would have just stuck with it, I would be at my goal now..."  So this is is... no more stopping.. Its reach my goal or bust!

I encourage all of you to remember that as you're on your own weight loss/lifestyle journeys...the time is going to pass anyway, might as well make it worth it!



****RECIPE TIME****

*Apple Pie Shake -- 6 oz almond milk, 2 oz simply apple juice, 2 scoops shake mix, 3 apple sliced (peeled), 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp butter extract, 4 ice cubes

No comments:

Post a Comment